I've been rearranging letters for recreation and recompense since I was 10. there hasn't been any money yet, but I'm keeping the faith.

Saturday, June 5

To my muse

How is it that one smiling emoticon from you can make my day? Just the idea of perhaps talking to you is enough to keep me going for days, is this normal? How is it that one picture of you on facebook can make me smile? How is it that memories of our chats inspire me to no end? How is it that your harshest words resonate like chants of inspiration? How do you cause such a stir in my emotions, make me reconsider my action by just the mere thought of what you would say/think popping into my mind? This is not normal, but it feels right every time.

Greek philosophers, Arab poets, artists of all kinds speak of muses that push them higher, sometimes down darker alleys towards new unknown paths, at other times to the pinnacle of their being. Is this you? Have you passed by me, brushed shoulders with me, just to push me in directions I have not fathomed? It is a cliche, yes, but I have felt a surge in myself since I have known you. Sometimes, it has gone dormant, suppressed by other desires, but all the while, a silent chant hums along in my mind’s eye- be a better man.

Perhaps you shall never know, but I hold you in high regard. This is not some deep, dark infatuation, it is genuine admiration. I’ll leave it all said in these lines, and spare you the face to face embarrassment, for though you love compliments, it is your humility that I most admire.

Thank you for being there. Even being far away, I am forever certain that I am in your thoughts, and that is enough to keep me on track. Thank you for the faith, the kind words and the scathing ones. Thank you for pushing me, for inspiring me, for correcting me, for loving me unconditionally. You have asked for nothing back in return after having given me so much, for that too, I am thankful.