I've been rearranging letters for recreation and recompense since I was 10. there hasn't been any money yet, but I'm keeping the faith.

Friday, August 18

A blog of note

As a blogger, I have days when I just sit around and check out random blogs just by clicking the Next Blog icon on the top bar of this page. On one of these trips, which can sometimes be exhausting- lets face it there is a lot of stupid stuff out there, I came across a site that has truly become a second home for me on the internet.

There are two kinds of blogs, to classfiy them generally: impersonal and personal. An impersonal blog talks about anyone and anything- it could be comedy, sadness, fiction, life..whatever. Its a much easier blog to run- because there are no paramateres. A personal blog on the other hand is much harder to run and maintain and to atract readers with, because it requires two very unique qualities: an enviable mastery of writing skills and an interesting life or atleast unqiue experiences.

Very rarely will you come across a blog, atleast from my point of view, that holds your attention for years. People move on, they change- nobody wants to hear about your boyfriend and his troubles and quarks when they have their own issues. People generraly want to be entertained and for a minute some, they want to be enlightend.

Having said this, I come to the blog I would like to tell you about. It has been featured in my links list for years and will probably stay there for many more. But what makes this an appropriate time to tell you about it is that the person who runs the site has just arrived in Lebanon. She is part of an official team from Canada and her insight into the issue is refreshing as she battles internally with both sides of the border, trying to abate her own emotional scarring. This cannot be esay for her, as she calls herself a Palestinian Canadian.

If you want to see a lighter side to her writing, just scroll down and read what she was writing about two weeks ago, I fear the posts from henceforth will be on the heavier side, not too surprising keeping in mind where she is these days.

My friend whom I have never met, a comrade in words, an intellectual sophisitcate prone to mishaps, an inspiration to me for how she lives and loves- OneFemaleCanuck